Overview: This lesson explores injustice based on appearances. The lesson explores a group of children who could not live with the lack of fairness shown to one couple.
- discuss the impact of judging people based on their appearance
- review a video about one couple’s journey when they were judged based on their appearances
- create a sample social media post about not judging others based on their appearance
- How have you or how do you judge others based upon their appearance?
Review content (small groups or whole group):
- CBS Evening News (2018) Students take action after hearing couple’s honeymoon story. Youtube.com. https://youtu.be/AeVrH_3igzk
Whole Group Discussion:
- What surprised you about the story in the video?
- How did the students right an injustice years later?
- How do you assume the couple felt then and now?
- What is harmful about judging others based on their appearance?
- What injustice do you see in your school based on appearances?
- Create a sample social media post about accepting others regardless of their appearance.