6-12 character education lesson plan: trust and safety
- Tucker, A. 2011. Trust and Safety: It’s Yours. Own It. Stage of Life.
- Chart paper/markers or polling/word cloud technology tool
- How do you keep yourself safe in today’s world?
- Utilize chart paper and markers or a polling/word cloud online tool to record responses.
- Read two different essays (above) by teens about trust and safety.
- Highlight ways these teens suggest you must learn to trust yourself for your own safety.
- Why do you need to trust yourself?
- Who is to blame when you make a mistake?
- Why is it challenging to keep yourself safe in this world?
- How can teens learn to trust themselves to be safe physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually? (Consider online and physical location)
Reflection (5 mins):
- Reflect on your own ability to trust yourself to keep you safe.
- What are some ways you already protect yourself?
- Where or how could you improve?