Facebooktwitterpinterestlinkedinmail
image_pdfimage_print
@TheRayCenter

It’s easy to get caught up in the stress of everyday life. Here’s a few tips to keep a positive mindset.

1. Be Grateful – at some point during your day (perhaps at dinner) ask each member of your family to say three things that they are grateful for today. Ask them to make their answers specific to today. For example, saying “I’m grateful for my family,” isn’t specific to today. Saying, “I’m grateful that I have a dad who read with me today,” is specific.
  2. Journaling – ask your child to spend five minutes journaling about something they are thankful for from that day. Journaling about a positive experience allows us to relive the experience, which helps us build a positive mindset (while also working on writing skills).
  3. Exercise – studies show that exercise helps our brains feel more positive.
  4. Meditation – simple meditation exercises help our brains de-clutter and focus. Apps like Headspace can help you get started with meditation.
  5. Random Acts of Kindness – we can always do nice things for others – either in our family or community.
  6. Connection– reach out to friends and family via text, phone, video chat, or even old-fashioned letters.

Learn more about character education.

Six Ways to Help Your Child (and Yourself) Build a Positive Mindset
Tagged on: