Character Education Objective:
- Students will discuss how to develop and maintain positive relationships in their lives.
- Students will define, establish, and maintain healthy relationships.
- Students will employ strategies to promote positive relationship building and connections.
Human beings need opportunities to build and maintain positive relationships in all stages of life. Providing teens with opportunities to develop a clear definition of what healthy relationships look and sound like is important to help ensure health development, physically, socially, and emotionally. Creating positive models and situations to practice healthy boundaries and communication is important to grow relationships and social connections.
- Who do you have a healthy, positive relationship within your life?
- How does this connection with this individual make you feel?
Productive Group Work:
- Read this article and/or infographic about connection and the impact on health.
- List the impact of human connections on health
Whole Group Discussion:
- What did you learn?
- What are some ways to spend more time with friends?
Reflection Journal (Independent task)
- Compare and Contrast the feelings/benefits of social media time with friends and in-person time with friends
- How will you get out from behind the screen and be seen this week?