Here’s a quick look at responsibility and how you can help promote it at home.
- Do what you are supposed to do.
- Persevere. Keep on trying.
- Always do your best.
- Use self-control.
- Be self-disciplined.
- Think before you act. Consider the consequences.
What you can do at home to teach responsibility:
- Give your child a chore. Thank them after they do it.
- With your child, establish a regular method for him/her to complete homework and have what is needed for school.
- Set family goals. Have each member of the family complete the following sentence and post it where it will serve as a reminder: “I will show that I am responsible by _________.”
- Applaud courageous decisions where the pull to do the wrong thing was avoided.
- Be a good role model.
What other ways to you teach responsibility?
Log in with Facebook to comment