Facebooktwitterpinterestlinkedinmail
image_pdfimage_print

A doctor entered the hospital in hurry after being called in for an urgent surgery. He quickly hanged his clothes and went directly to the surgery block.  He found the boy’s father pacing in the hall.

Upon seeing him, the father yelled, “Why did it take you so long? My son’s life is in danger! Don’t you have any sense of responsibility?”

The doctor smiled and said, “I am sorry, I wasn’t in the hospital and I came as fast as I could.”

The father said,  “If it was your son waiting for surgery, you surely would expect the doctor to be here when he is needed,” said the father angrily.

The doctor gently replied, “We will do our best to help your son” and walked into surgery.

The surgery took several hours.  When the doctor came out, he said, “Your son is going to be fine.  The surgery was a success.  If you have any questions, please ask the nurse.”  And without waiting for the father’s reply, the doctor ran out of the room.

“I can’t believe he is so arrogant!  Couldn’t he wait a few minutes to talk to me about my son?” said the father to a nearby nurse.

The nurse answered, tears coming down her face, “His son recently died in a car accident.  He was at the memorial services when we called him for your son’s surgery.”

What do you think?  Do we need to just cut each other a break?  What about assuming the best in others?

Learn more about character education.

Don’t judge
Tagged on:     

2 thoughts on “Don’t judge